Hey everyone. I re-wrote the usability software HTA file to function as a standalone program. Images are encoded in Base64 for maximum portability. Download link at the bottom. This HTA file generates a batch file that will install Chocolatey, and then install any packages checked. I have yet to test it on a fresh machine, but it appears to work swimmingly as-is. If you are familiar with Ninite, then this
Version 0.9.3 Beta First things first: this release is very late. I struggled mightily to get a code signing certificate and was thwarted every single step of the way. Arizona won’t add my phone number to my DBA listing, so I had no easy way to prove I am who I say I am. There are ways around this, but the holiday hit and after that I was pretty out
I ran into an issue on a single machine that I’ve been trying to figure out.
This version completely revamps the installer appearance with an added GUI faux progress bar to let users know things are still going on in the background. Batch files run from the program are now (for the most part) minimized immediately. There’s more work to be done in getting rid of the command prompt window that pops up during the QA procedure, but it shouldn’t be too difficult to hide once I’m 100% certain there are no obvious failure points in the script.
This version introduces a new uninstall routine which performs a more complete cleanup of pre-installed software. There’s also some minor cleanup in the code.
Hey everyone, medium news. I’ve got a (what appears to be functional) 32-bit version of Blackstar available.
If you’ve installed Blackstar on any machines, you’ll probably have noticed that your web browser or the Windows SmartScreen feature seems to think it’s some sort of malicious software and warns you before it is installed.
After years of futzing around with a random assortment of HTA, VBS, BAT, and PS1 files, I’ve decided to release my final technician utility for use.